The Centre for Strategic and Regional Studies (CSRS) is an independent, non-profit, and non-governmental research organization established in July 2009 in Kabul. CSRS is committed to promoting policy-oriented research through conducting authentic and unbiased research concerning Afghanistan, the region, and the world.
The CSRS is working to hold constructive dialogues, arrange academic and intellectual programs and enrich ideas and opinions. CSRS publishes researches and analytical pieces and conducts strategic analysis on Afghanistan’s political, social, cultural and economic issues.
- Doing academic research on strategic and important issues related to Afghanistan and the region in order to facilitate specialists, researchers, and policy makers to make sound policies, raise awareness about the challenges and problems, and to give viable alternatives for the present strategies and policies.
CSRS aims to address policy-oriented issues concerning Afghanistan and the region through its applied research, dialogue, and publications.
- Creates comprehensive strategic awareness;
- Spreads the culture and manner of strategic thinking among elites active in various fields;
- Paves the way for dialogue between different parties involved in the current issues of Afghanistan;
- Studies and researches on crises and proposes appropriate solutions;
- Participates in raising public awareness about strategic, critical and future-making issues of Afghanistan
Areas of Research
- Afghanistan (Peace, Economy, Society, Politics, Security, Foreign Policy)
- Region and the World (Afghanistan and its Neighbors, Islamic World, Global issues and Politics)
- Policy and decision makers;
- Lawmakers and legislative organizations;
- Think Tanks;
- Academic institutions;
- Mass media;
- Stakeholders involved in strategic planning
Fields of Focus
- Afghanistan’s Foreign Policy;
- The Neighboring countries’ foreign policies’ towards Afghanistan;
- Regional and international issues which has deep impacts on Afghanistan;
- Issues related to peace and reconciliation in Afghanistan;
- Human rights, Education, Economy and culture of Afghanistan;
- Afghan refugees and repatriation;
- Issues related to neighboring and regional countries;
- Issues related to Islamic world;
Means and Resources
- Organizing conferences, seminars and workshops on national and international level;
- Organizing dialogues;
- Conducting independent researches;
- Partnering with similar research institutes;
- Publications (Weekly analysis, bi-annual Journal-Tahleel-, Strategic Booklets, Books)
- Tahleel, a bi-weekly analysis of the most important issues concerning Afghanistan and the region.
- Tahleel Journal, a bi-annual Journal
- Strategic Reports
Address: Fourth Street of Taimani, Kabul – Afghanistan